Sunday, March 31, 2013

When pride goes out the door, hope enters



One of the things that has become clear over the past month is there is no pride in infertility treatments. When a backless hospital gown becomes a part of your regular wardrobe and the majority of your conversations with your doctor happen while your feet are in stirrups you realize that your modesty is long gone. Perhaps the most surprising revelation has been that in the midst of letting go of my pride I've found this crazy burst of hope. With every pill, patch, blood draw, exam and shot, I feel that we are one step closer to starting our family. 


For too long in the back of my head I have held onto my worst case scenario mindset. "We'll do this treatment, but when it doesn't work, we'll move onto xyz." I don't know if it's the estrogen talking or a for real shift in thinking.  But I'm planning to embrace hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment